Getting Started – Set Up Checklist
If you are a new User to DonorSnap, here some links to videos and todos to get you off on the right foot.
- Set up all your DonorSnap Users and their Rights to the database and feature menus. Maintenance > Site-Setup > User Setup
- Once logged in as Your User, customize your Dashboard Apps
- Create your Thank You letters in Word and upload in to the program
- Set up your integration with Quickbooks (either QB Desktop or QB Online).
QB Desktop Guide
QB Online Guide
- Create your account with GoEMerchant to take online donations.
- Edit drop-downs for BLACK DonorSnap fields (Attributes, DonationType, Appeal, Accounting Code, etc.) under Maintenance > Site-Setup > Field & Screen Customization > DonorSnap Site Lookups
- Add additional BLUE fields to the program (Volunteer Interests, Skills, MaidenName, etc.) under Maintenance > Site-Setup > Field & Screen Customization > User-Defined Controls
- Add your Organization Contacts (where you assign an individual contact to a Board member or Key Staff member) under Community > Organization Contacts
- Set your System date. Go to Maintenance > Site-Setup > Additional Site-Options. At the bottom click the button for Change Options and enter your End of Year date in the field.
- Run a Duplicates report. Reports > Administrative Reports > Duplicates Reports to see what duplicates you may have in the system. Run a variety of the different reports, print them out, and go research.
** Make sure to learn about the Mass Entry Tool to help with Data-Entry**
For more information to help you get started, check out these 30-minute webinars.
If you haven’t yet, make sure to download the QuickStart Guide.
Don’t forget you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!