Email Contribution Statements
Processing > Contribution Statement Email
Email your End of Year Tax Statements directly through DonorSnap!
This process will generate stock, merged (for example, will say “Dear Bob”) emails to your donors. Contribution Statement will be attached as a PDF, and appear the same as the printed statements do under Reports > Donation Activity > Contribution Statements.
- Click Add New Contribution Statement Listing.
- Use a template if you’ve previously created an email batch
- Name your batch of emails (such as 2021 Donations or Donations Over 100)
- Use the Statement Type field to select whether you want to use the standard statements or use a Custom Contribution Statement
- (If using Standard) You can add four single spaced lines as a footer to the statement. This is where you would put your “No goods or services…” line. (Tip: Press Shift+Enter to add a line break which creates a single spaced line.) This footer will be the same for each statement. Type this in the “Statement Report Footer Comment” section
- Click Insert.
- Customize your email on the Email Settings
- Type a From address (in case they reply); or it will be sent from the email@example.com email address
- Customize the Subject Line
- Type the Message of your email.
Insert Merge Fields from the box on the right
Such as Dear <Salutation> (will insert the first name of your contact), or DonationAmountPriorYear will insert the total of their giving for last year.
The Text Editor is similar to others throughout DonorSnap: Insert Bullets and Numbers, Tables, Links. Change font sizes and colors, paragraph justifications, and insert images.
You can insert images (logos, pictures, design characters, etc.) in to your emails. However, files must be on the internet. You cannot upload files directly from your computer.
For example, our website (DonorSnap.com) has our DonorSnap logo on it. I can right click on that image that my company owns (and you can do the same for images your organization owns and has uploaded to its website), and Copy Image Address.
Then Insert image in to your Email. Paste in to the top line.
Custom Contribution Statements
Contribution Statements Training Webinar
Printing Contribution Statements
Building DMP Batches for your Contribution Statements Webinar
Adding Images to Emails and Forms