Adding Images to Emails and Forms
The easiest way to insert an image into an Email or Form created in DonorSnap, is to use the DonorSnap Image Manager. Under Maintenance > Image Manager upload your images. Click the copy button next to the image link and that will copy it to your clipboard. Learn more.
Or you can use a Third Party Hosting service (your images are stored in your website image library or through another online service)
Google Drive, Facebook, and many other popular websites block image hosting.
After you have uploaded your image to a place that allows image hosting, right click on the image and choose Copy Image Address. Then in DonorSnap, use the Insert Image button on the text editor toolbar and paste that image address in the “Image URL” field.
Uploading an Image to a WordPress Website and Insert it into an Email
Using DropBox to host images
By default, an image hosted through DropBox cannot be embedded in an online form or an email. However, with a small change to the image URL, it can work.
- Upload your image to your DropBox account
- Make the file public by creating a share link
- Click the Share button for the file
- Click “Create Link” at the bottom of the share window
- Click “Copy Link” to grab the link to the webpage that shows the image
- Paste the link into your web browser and go to that page. It should look like https://www.dropbox.com/s/b8v3efo3xeo13yc/donorsnap-logo.png?dl=0
- Change the beginning of the url in the address bar from https://www.dropbox.com to https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/
- In the text editor in DonorSnap, use the Insert Image button and paste the new URL in the Image URL field like this https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/b8v3efo3xeo13yc/donorsnap-logo.png?dl=0