Processing > Contribution Statement Email
Email your End of Year Tax Statements directly through DonorSnap!
This process will generate stock, merged (for example, will say “Dear Bob”) emails to your donors. Contribution Statement will be attached as a PDF, and appear the same as the printed statements do under Reports > Donation Activity > Contribution Statements.
- Click Add New Contribution Statement Listing.
- Use a template if you’ve previously created an email batch
- Name your batch of emails (such as 2021 Donations or Donations Over 100)
- Use the Statement Type field to select whether you want to use the standard statements or use a Custom Contribution Statement
- (If using Standard) You can add four single spaced lines as a footer to the statement. This is where you would put your “No goods or services…” line. (Tip: Press Shift+Enter to add a line break which creates a single spaced line.) This footer will be the same for each statement. Type this in the “Statement Report Footer Comment” section
- Click Insert.
- Customize your email on the Email Settings
- Type a From address (in case they reply); or it will be sent from the firstname.lastname@example.org email address
- Customize the Subject Line
- Type the Message of your email.
Insert Merge Fields from the box on the right
Such as Dear <Salutation> (will insert the first name of your contact), or DonationAmountPriorYear will insert the total of their giving for last year.
The Text Editor is similar to others throughout DonorSnap: Insert Bullets and Numbers, Tables, Links. Change font sizes and colors, paragraph justifications, and insert images.
You can insert images (logos, pictures, design characters, etc.) in to your emails. However, files must be on the internet. You cannot upload files directly from your computer.
For example, our website (DonorSnap.com) has our DonorSnap logo on it. I can right click on that image that my company owns (and you can do the same for images your organization owns and has uploaded to its website), and Copy Image Address.
Then Insert image in to your Email. Paste in to the top line.
Custom Contribution Statements
Contribution Statements Training Webinar
Printing Contribution Statements
Building DMP Batches for your Contribution Statements Webinar
Adding Images to Emails and Forms
Processing > Email PDF Acknowledgement
Email you Thank you letters as PDF attachments. Select Donations that have not yet been acknowledged and match those Donations with an already loaded Acknowledgment letter.
From there, the Donation Acknowledgment can either be emailed or printed for mailing depending upon the users preference and whether or not a valid email address is available for the Donor. The email acknowledgment is sent as a PDF document along with the email.
The Email Acknowledgment process works like all other DonorSnap screens where you work from right to left using each tab to complete the process. The basic steps are:
- Acknowledgment listing: Pick an existing batch that you would like to work on or click ADD to create a new batch of Donations to acknowledge.
- Filters: Specify which batch(s) of Donations to acknowledge. Select the mail merge document you wish to use for your Donation Acknowledgment. This letter must have already been uploaded (Processing > Documents and Labels > Upload/Download/Delete)
- E-Mail settings: Create your custom email to accompany your acknowledgment letters which will be PDF attachments.
- Generate PDF: Create the Acknowledgment Letter based upon the donation information and the mail merge letter selected in step 2.
- Review Donations selected for acknowledging and choose to either send the acknowledgment via email or to print the acknowledgment (or both). If a donation does not have a valid email you still will be able to print the acknowledgment.
- Once a donation has been acknowledged it will appear under this tab. The user can see the letter that was sent, reprint it or resend the email acknowledgment.
Acknowledgement Listing Tab
Add a new batch to create new letters. Each batch is only used one time, but they can be copied each time you come back. When you’re finished, you can easily see what has been done in the past and archive batches you no longer want to see.
Processing Batch column:
Pending – this batch is currently waiting in the queue and has not started generating your PDF’s
Yes – this batch is actively generating your PDF’s
No – this batch is no longer running or waiting to be run
Total Batch column:
This column will show the total number of PDF’s in the batch once the PDF’s have started being created.
Batch Processed column:
This column shows you how many PDF’s have already been generated. In other words, this is the overall progress.
Adding Images to Emails and Forms
Maintenance > Site Setup > Email Settings
On the Email Settings tab, set up default settings for the Pledge Reminder email, Tickler Reminder email, Organization Contact Email, and default set up for Acknowledgement Email PDF. Continue reading “Site Setup – Email Settings”
Community > Contacts > Donation Tab > Batch Code Field
The Batch Code field indicates which thank you letter this payment will receive. Select the batch code as you are entering donations on the Donation tab or through the Mass Entry tool. Batch Codes can also be pre-populated and hidden in an online donation form to be included once the donation is processed in to DonorSnap.
Batch Codes are not automatically populated with the names of your thank you letters nor linked to uploaded letters. Continue reading “Batch Code”