In Kind Donations
In kind donations are a way for people to donate goods and services rather than cash donations.
Learn more about in kind donations on our blog: In Kind Donations: A Complete Guide
How to track in kind donations in DonorSnap
- Create a Donation Type of “In Kind,” “InKind,” or “In-Kind”
(Maintenance > Site Setup > Field and Screen Customization > DonorSnap Site Lookups).
- Enter the donation as you normally would, but choose the donation type you created in step 1.
- Donation Amount Field:
- Some organizations will put the value of the donated item in the Amount field,
- Many organizations will put a zero in the Amount field and reference the value solely in the comments.
- Do not use the Value Received Field for In Kind Donations.
Notes about in kind donations
By using the Donation Type field to identify all in kind donations, you make it easy to exclude those donations in reports for cash purposes.